A paper board manufacturer based in the UK turned to NASH when they needed a high-quality repair service for a pressurised double mechanical seal on one of their disc filters.
When a EagleBurgmann LP-D 135mm pressurised double mechanical seal cartridge failed on one of their disc filters, the user chose NASH in preference to both the disc filter OEM and seal OEM. Why? Because NASH had provided them with reliable, high-quality repair services for their engineered mechanical seals for many years and they trusted NASH with the reliability of mechanical seals on their high dependency equipment. They also trusted NASH to provide better lead times and to deliver on time.
- Strip and inspect the seal
- Provide a comprehensive inspection report and a detailed quotation within 3 working days
- Recommendation that all necessary checks are made to the seal support system and disc filter before the next seal is fitted to avoid potential premature seal failure
- Replace all 4 seal faces
- Manufacture new inboard rotary face holder
- Manufacture new sleeve
- Replace all o-rings and fasteners
- Clean/repair all other parts
- Pressure test according to API682
- NASH repaired and returned the seal on time
- Seal condition was fully assessed and our customer provided with a comprehensive inspection report
- All potential causes of poor performance have been identified and addressed
- Overall cost of repair was significantly lower than the expense of seal replacement
- The repaired seal now delivers performance matching or exceeding that of a new replacement seal
- NASH provided full support with seal installation
This is another case study demonstrating how a company operating in the paper and pulp sector benefits from our world-class aftermarket support for engineered mechanical seals.