Saving £150,000 in maintenance costs compared to the previous year by repairing and upgrading a pair of EagleBurgmann seals and pinpointing the cause of reliability and production losses.
A pharmaceutical manufacturer operating a high-dependency Krauss Maffei Vertical Cone Dryer needing improvements making to a pair of mechanical seals while maintaining output.
NASH’s team was asked to find a solution to unsustainable declining output and rising maintenance costs seen during the previous two years with the use of EagleBurgmann HSMR5S1-D1-400-KB2-A1 and EagleBurgmann HSMR5S1-130 seals.
NASH worked closely with the client in Eire to investigate all factors contributing to poor seal performance. As a result, we were able to:
- Improve seal build quality
- Upgrade primary elastomer materials
- Increase the seal system pressure
- Ensure seal system pressure was maintained at all times
- Eliminate mechanical shock to the seals
- Upgrade seal system instrumentation
- Seals repairs and upgrades reduced maintenance costs by circa £150,000 over the year before
- Production losses were minimised
- Previous seal performance was restored
- Repair costs were significantly lower than the equivalent seal OEM’s quotation